Aluminum To Copper Changeover
Experienced Electricians Who Are Here to Help
Copper Wire: The Right Choice For Your Property
Copper is the Only Way
Copper wire is not only cost-effective and energy-efficient — it’s also a safety necessity. When compared with older aluminum wire, copper wire is much less likely to fail to start an electrical fire. Recently, a national survey conducted by Franklin Research Institute for The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) determined that homes built before 1972, and wired with aluminum, are 55 times more likely to have wire connections at outlets reach “Fire Hazard Conditions” than homes wired with copper. For the safety of those on your property, copper wiring is a clear choice.
In addition to being safer than aluminum wiring, copper wiring also has greater resilience, higher durability, and higher performance than aluminum.
The Benefits Of Copper Wiring
- Highly durable; less maintenance than aluminum wiring
- Highly versatile, and a higher electrical conductivity rate than aluminum
- Increases resale value on your home or business
- Safer for your home or business
- Full Replacement Of Aluminum CableFull rewiring is the generally recommended solution when it comes to aluminum to copper installation. A qualified electrician will inspect your house and give you recommendations on the ease of implementation to do a full copper rewire, and remove the aluminum wiring.
- Implementing an AlumiConn ConnectorIn some cases a house-wide rewire might not be practical based on an inspection of the house by a professional electrician, and in consultation with you. In that case, there is an alternative solution available using the AlumiConn Connector to ensure your house still follows the necessary safety regulations.
Annapolis, MD’s Trusted Copper Wire Installation Team
At Chesapeake Electric, our electricians perform aluminum to copper wire change services for homes and businesses across Annapolis, MD. Experienced and efficient, our electricians will have your home or business rewired quickly and will be happy to schedule consultations to answer any questions you might have about your wiring.
To learn more and to schedule an appointment, give us a call today!
First and Only
Electrical Company in Maryland to receive a 5 star rating from 1000+ reviews